Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! For those of you that don't have kids, Happy Mother's Day to you too! I believe Mother's Day is a celebration for all women - whether you have your own children or not. (You can always borrow mine if you want. Wink, wink) However, I had no idea how much my mom did for me, until I had children myself.

I am so grateful for the two main moms in my life. Adam and I wouldn't be who we are without them. I'm so glad that they are both a HUGE part of our lives, and hope that that will ALWAYS be the case.

There's a commercial playing right now, and it says something to the effect that being called a mom is the best 3 letter word you could ever be called. I totally agree! I LOVE being a mom, and hope that someday my kids can look back and say they had a mom that would play and laugh with them. One that taught them about the gospel and to work hard in school. One that taught them to be good citizens and love their country. One that taught them to be happy even when all hope seems gone. I can honestly say that my mom taught me all those things (and ssoo much more), and I know Adam's mom taught him those things too.

Happy Mother's Day.

Now could someone please inform this baby of mine that the best Mother's Day present would be for her to make her debut into this world??? Though my mom tried - and now my kids try - to teach me patience, it is not my forte.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have learned that patience is certainly not my best quality either. Good Luck. You can think of it this way. Most of the time it better for them to grow and develop on the inside than inside a plastic unit at the nicu. Be grateful. You will soon change your pains right now for different ones.