Monday, March 23, 2009

And the verdict is. . .

I had my meeting today to see if Mieley qualified for speech therapy ~ she does. So starting this week, she will go for a 1/2 hour every Friday. She'll be in speech therapy for a year - until March of 2010, then another meeting will be held to see if Mieley has caught up to her age and met her goals, or if she still needs help. However, since this is with the school district, Mieley will only go until May 29th, take the summer off, and then start back up at the end of August. Atleast she gets a couple months in before the start of summer though. Overall, I'm glad she was accepted. The speech pathologist seemed very confident that Mieley will do fairly well. I guess only time will tell! Mieley is way excited to go to "school." Adalyn's bummed that her little sister is going to school before her. Jealousy, jealousy. :)

4 comments:

Tara said...

What does she have trouble saying? That's good she got in! I bet it will help. How are you feeling? Are you ready to have the baby?

Megan B ♥ said...

This will be good. Have I told you that I LOVE having our visiting nurse/OT?? So far, anyway, LOL :) Good luck, little Mieley! It really helped DeAnna's daughter and now we can't shut her up, hee hee hee!

Jandy Lou said...

Well, Adalyn might change her mind when she gets to hang out with mom all by herself! She might enjoy that a little :). Go Mieley!

KWit said...

That is great for Mieley. Poor Adalyn! Good luck with it all. We sure have loved ours!