Monday, March 9, 2009

In Mourning Part 2

Well since nearly all of you have asked - here's the story:

Adam's parents decided to go on a cruise, I believe in January of this year and booked one. Adam wanted to go and asked if he could (jokingly) go. I of course said, "NO WAY!" Anyways, I VERY gradually changed from "NO WAY" to "Okay, MAYBE you can go," to "I think you deserve it, you can go if you want to." Honestly, I didn't really think he would go.

It's never really been an option for me to go. Seeing that I'm almost 31 weeks - though the sunshine and being on a cruise sounds REALLY nice, I don't really want to waddle around in all my pregnancy glory in a bathing suit. Plus, I'm not so sure my doctor would give me a note to get on an airline this late in pregnancy and I know airlines don't like pregnant women in their last trimester to fly too. And I got sort of sea sick the first couple days when I went in Dec. 07 - I didn't want to really take the chance that I would get really sick being pregnant and all and spend all my time throwing up. So. . .Adam's been battling this decision for a long time. He isn't a bad husband and just decided to up and leave me. I could tell he struggled with making the decision. In fact he said he wasn't going for the longest time. . . .I think what changed his mind was because Adam's grandma decided to go. Adam was the one that pressured her into going - and he wanted to spend this trip spending some time with her. If you know Adam, he has always been really close to all his family - I know he wasn't just telling me a story to soften me up.

Sooooo, Friday morning Adam called to see if he could still get tickets. Nope, they were sold out. So his name went on a waiting list. However, around 3 pm Friday he got a call that someone had cancelled and he could go. Not 24 hours later Adam was on a plane with his family and on his way. His family didn't even know he was going with him until they got to the airport themselves!

So, I am really jealous that he's gone, but I'm not mad he's gone. Of course I want to be there with him, but this baby comes first (whether I want that to be the case or not) :) Maybe someday I'll have an opportunity like this. In fact, maybe we should plan an "all-girl" cruise/trip. Any takers??? :)

8 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

pick me pick me!!! that would be so much fun! you are such a good wife. i would never let matt go without me, he'd probably never go actually unless i made him.

The ZamFam said...

Girlfriend, you know I am all over a cruise! You are so nice for letting him go without you. all I have to say is that now, there is leverage and he OWES you!! Wanna come play in Utah for a few days???

Tanya said...

Lucky Adam!! He better bring you back something good!! I'm totally up for going on a cruise!

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm trying to think if I would be that generous with Justin... I'm thinking. Still thinking... No, sadly, I'm not, LOL! Then again, DeAnna and I always talk about going away to Tahiti just the two of us so I have a pretty big double standard. Call me for the all girls get away cruise!!

Meagan Cooper said...

Kay, I am so in for a kid free cruise with the ladies! Those pictures of your last one are amazing, they really are the best vacations EVER!

Bryce said...

You, my friend are a saint!

Amber C. said...

That story reminds me why we always liked Adam. It doesn't hurt that he used to bring us chocolate milk, too. :) Me, too on the cruise!!

melanie said...

you are definitly strong..i would have gone FOR SURE!!!!! did you know that i flew on a plane from cali to georgia when i was 38 weeks prego with mya??? yeah...the lady sitting next to me (tyson wasn't with me) was convinced i was going to go into labor on the plane.