Monday, September 15, 2008

Yellowstone

We went to Yellowstone National Park yesterday with Adam's parents. The girls loved it! I hadn't been there since Adam and I were dating, so it was fun to see everything again. Adalyn was really confused that there was never a yellow stone though!


Mieley with a little bit of a concerned look on her face.

Here's at the Firehole swimming area. Mieley had her pants off in a couple minutes and was ready to play in the water. Adalyn took some persuasion, but all the sudden decided to follow Adam and Mieley into the water with her pants and shoes and socks still on! Adam got her out quickly and soon she was stripped down too to throw rocks and play for awhile.

Mieley and Adam watching Old Faithful.

Adalyn got a HUGE ice cream cone a couple minutes before Old Faithful went off, so she sat down right in the middle of the boardwalk and watched the geyser while enjoying her ice cream. Oh the joys of being a kid.


Luckily for Mieley, when Adalyn had to make an emergency potty break, it left that huge ice cream cone unattended and Mieley got to enjoy the rest of the cone.

Adalyn was super excited to see these buffalo up close. There were tons on the side of the road.




Mieley thought the buffalo were pretty neat herself.




Can you say cheese?


And check out these cool trees that were behind us in the family picture. They're so cool looking!



Adalyn, me, and Grandma



The girls with the grandparents. Doesn't get much better than this.


It'll be fun to go again another year!

9 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

We just love Yellowstone. We haven't been in a few years, but we've been probably 4 times since we were married. Hopefully we'll make it back next year! Can't get enough of that place.

Meagan Cooper said...

Yellowstone is so much fun. I LOVE firehole! Ok, I have been fruit drying like it is going out of style. I also have the major belly ache, Mike was like , Duh, the apples totally expand in your stomach because they absorb all the liquid. OHHHHH but they are so delish. I have a batch of peaches with strawberry jello on them as I type this, I will bring you some tomorrow. You are such a great friend to introduce me to this Phenomenon!

Bryce said...

Oh the beauty of Yellow Stone. Okay to answer your question about how I found you. So I just noticed on the top of my blog the button that says "next blog." It probably has been there the whole time. Well anyways, I pushed. (yeah like the guy who pushes the red button) Welllll, YOUR BLOG was the first one that came up! So totally weird. I mean I am glad it did, but still really weird. Out of MILLIONS of blogs yours was first. I am still like...WOW about it.

Well thought you should know. Maybe it is time to keep in touch. Hope to talk to you soon.

Tara said...

You guys always take such cute family pictures! I wish I had someone with us to take them too... I also wish I didn't forget the camera everywhere we go. Anyway, cute, cute family!

Chelan said...

Yellowstone is so beautiful! You should try going on one of those snowcat tours in the Winter! Amazing!

Amber C. said...

I was telling Kody yesterday that you had gone to Yellowstone and he says, "Wow, they do a lot of fun things, don't they?" YEP! It does look like you've had a pretty fun summer. :)

Kira said...

Hi Kayla, this is actually Cole, not Kira. But since I am not into the blogging craze I will have to use Kira's sign in. I cannot believe how big your kids are, it has obviously been a long time since I have talked to you. Hope all is well, it is crazy to see that you have kids. Well, take it easy.

The ZamFam said...

How fun!!! I haven't blogged in like 2 weeks, so I am a little behind!!! Jello apples...yum!! I will have to try that with my kids. The scowl picture is cute!!! And have you offially decided on the 100 run yet?!?!?!

Vehar Family said...

We were sad the girls weren't able to come to Kami's party, but hope everyone's doing well now. We'll miss you guys! Thank Adam again for all his help with the move.