Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fruit Galore!

So how's this for a scowl? I swear my mom used to give me looks like that too when I was younger. (ha ha mom!)



Addy actually was really was happy this day and asked me to take pictures of her with her pink fuzzy hat on that she adores. She's so into dressing up.

One other funny conversation from Adalyn at bed time the other day:

Adalyn: "Mom, can I get some water?"

Me: "I don't know, we'll see if you stay in bed."

Adalyn: "But MOM, I'm sooooo drinky!"

She just cracks me up.

Lately, I've just been dehydrating peaches and apples like crazy. I've never been much of a "canning" person, even though I've had multiple offers from both my mother and sister Jandy to help me. I know, I know, call me a slacker. However, this past week I bought a box of peaches and picked a box of apples and knew that I had to do something with them fast before they all went bad. When I was out picking the apples, the lady we picked them from gave us some apples she had sprinkled jello powder on and then dehydrated them. They were yummy! So that's what I've pretty much been doing for the last week. Cutting up apples (thanks Jandy for the tip of the apple corer/slicer/peeler - that's a life saver!!!), and slicing peaches. The girls love the jello apples, not so much the peaches.

In other news, Adam and I got called to teach the 7 year olds in primary. I'm excited. I'd rather do this any day than teach Sunday School or Relief Society (quick! I need to knock on wood!). We start on September 21st. This Saturday we may head to an air show near Boise. We went to this air show a few years back and it was awesome. We'll see if we really go or not, but it's something to look forward to.

5 comments:

Meagan Cooper said...

Kayla, What a domestic diva you are! The jello apples are amazing, I told Mike all about them with such enthusiasm! Glad that you are almost through with your dehydrating, Now time to do some fruit roll-ups!!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

That second pic of Adalyn is so hysterical and I'm very curious about jello apples? Interesting, never heard of that one!

Amber C. said...

So now you need to do a post about jello apples! I've heard of that, but I need details on how to do it. And pass along the tip about the slicer/corer/peeler, too! (Please?)

Amber C. said...

And I'm kind of jealous about your new calling, too. (I suppose a person really shouldn't be jealous about callings. That's probably not too good. But I am.) I think I'm going to be stuck playing the piano in primary for the rest of eternity. I've been there since before I got married. Two screaming kids later, I'm still there with my two babies in primary every week.

melanie said...

those apples sound so good. meagan told me all about it. i want to try some!!!!