These are the jello apples. They taste better than they look. There's no secret trick to them and they are super easy to do. I was told to first pre-treat your cut apples in a salt-water bath and then dip them in the jello powder. I tried that, and it just made a mess out of the powder and some of the apples got covered with WAY to much jello. So next time I tried putting the apples in a bag with the jello powder and shaking them. Same thing, big mess. So here's what I do and it works great.
I used a apple peeler/slicer/corer and it saves so much time. If you're doing a lot of apples, I definitely recommend one of these babies. They're wonderful!

Then, I put them in a salt water bath for a minute or so and then lay the apple slices on the dehydrator trays. After I had all the apples on, I took the jello powder and sprinkled it on top. This way the powder doesn't get all goopy, and it left just enough flavor on the apples.
We've now tried strawberry, raspberry, lime, and lemon jello. Our favorites have been the strawberry and raspberry, but the lemon was good too. The lime. . .well if you really, really like tart things go for it.
Just be careful how many of these you eat. I've had a belly ache for two days and I know it's from the mounds and mounds of apple slices I've eaten!

3 comments:
I'll confess that Jello apple slices are a new concept for me, but I'll take your word for their deliciousness :)
What a good idea? Do you have a dehydrator? I have one... in Washington. Anyways, it looks good, and I'm gonna try it!
Thanks! I think we're going to try it this weekend. We'll see how it goes.
Post a Comment