Sunday, July 13, 2008

All Tuckered Out

So this week has been the week I've been avoiding for awhile now. We've been hiding out in our house now for 4 days, with only brief escapes back to the outside, sunshining world. What have we been doing???? POTTY TRAINING!!! Never a fun thing to do, but something that eventually HAS TO BE done. Mieley had about 10 accidents the first day and I was ready to say forget it, but the next morning she choose to put on panies again, and has gotten better at this everyday since then. It's been such a different experience from Adalyn - With Adalyn I could have a full conversation with her by this stage (mostly bribing her with candy if she goes in the potty). Mieley and I have conversations too - just I'm doing all the talking and Mieley grunts and points instead. Someday she'll talk I hope!

So poor Mieley, the first day we were potty training, she was so tired from being up sick the night before, that she actually fell asleep while coloring with Adalyn. It was so cute! The only thing that woke her up was that she wet her pants (again!) and I had to clean her up (again!)





Nonetheless, I've very proud of Mieley and I'm so glad that we've got this first week over with!

5 comments:

melanie said...

yea!!! i think its so funny that all the kids in the neighborhood are all getting potty trained at the same time, hehehe. good luck with it this week.

Amber C. said...

That is one thing I am NOT looking forward to. My MIL keeps hinting at me that she had all her kids potty-trained by the time they were two. I keep telling her it's likely not going to happen. Good luck with Mieley! The first week is probably the worst, I would think anyway...

Tara said...

Good luck! It only gets better! Can you finally go outside again? I hated worrying about that.

The ZamFam said...

So is she done???? I am sorry you have to do it, but totally exciting! No more diapers!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!

Megan B ♥ said...

Hooray!!!! And Good LUCK! How is it going now? I am dreading having to do Tanner and I just don't know when to do it. I always planned on waiting until he was 3, but that is way too close to the twins being born, when I'm SURE he'll regress! I don't really want to wait until he's 3 and a HALF or longer, because I'm going to have my hands full and that sounds like WAY TO FREAKING MANY DIAPERS to change!! But do I start now? Feels too early! Though he has been telling me when he's peed in his diaper (and definitely poop) and asks me to change him. I'm wondering if now is right. AAAAACK!! I HATE POTTYTRAINING!!