Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy *House Wide* Pink Day!

So a late Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! Hope no one got pinched too many times. We celebrated a little bit - mainly just by wearing green clothes and I surprised the girls with green pancakes.



Yummy. . .right?


Mieley's giving me the "I know you are up to something mom" look.



Adalyn looking *thrilled* to see that I went out of my way this morning to *try* and make her smile. :)



For the most part, my kids were happy, but I did have a good SOLID hour of this:



All of this happened before she actually ate the green pancakes. I think first she was mad that I had chosen "greenish" clothes to wear and then that I hadn't let her make the green pancakes with me. She got SO MAD! I just laughed and took pictures of her - which made her even more furious than I was documenting her temper tantrum. For some reason I just found that temper tantrum more entertaining than frustrating or annoying.



So when I went into the girls bedroom this morning to help get them ready, Adalyn declared it "Pink Day!" (Since yesterday was Green Day!) She said, "Mommy, today is pink day and we get to make pink pancakes!! And we need to wear pink shirts so we match our pink pancakes!" She was so excited about it all, I thought "why not"? Don't want a repeat of yesterday's tantrum so HAPPY PINK DAY everyone!



First of all they both had to wear pink:









Then we made pink pancakes:







Maybe tomorrow will be "Yellow Day!" Who knows. We do need a little sunshine around here!

9 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, that's awesome! I just laughed through that whole post :) Those tantrum pictures will make her smile on Prom night, I'm thinkin' ;)

Megan B ♥ said...

It's me again, I had to come back and look again at these hilarious pictures! You've inspired me to attempt a BLUE day soon! :)

Chelan said...

Pretty funny! Gotta love those tantrums. The pink pancakes look yummy like they must taste like strawberries. Do you have a good pancake recipe or do you use bisquick???

Tanya said...

how fun! Chloe won't even eat breakfast so I don't have to worry about tantrums of wanting to help make it, although she does have to help clean:)

I also have links on my blog with some cute templates to make blogs really cute, it's really easy.

Mardie said...

That is really funny. Around here, I completely forgot that it was St. Patty's day. I didn't even put green on Kaden before he went to school. I hope he didn't get pinched. :) But I like the different color day. That could be a fun tradition.

Becki R said...

I love the pictures and the great story--it makes me grateful I am NOT a mom yet! And thanks for the Tetris--keeps me entertained while at work!

melanie said...

those pics of adelyn are so funny! i can't eat green pancakes. i've tried it once and i just couldn't get over it being green, even though i knew it tasted the same...i couldn't eat more than 2 bites

Gus said...

These pictures made me cry out of laughter!


Miss your guts - ALL four of you

G

Gus said...

Sorry, I'm posting twice- But the first picture of Adalyn's tantrum is priceless! I'm tempted to save it as my wallpaper at work... however, i doubt anyone will find it as funny as me. SO i will save it for those days that are hard to get through.. when i really just feel like yelling the way i envision Ady doing!!!


I posted the other remark, and then was scrolling down your blog, and that picture made me crack up again! Miss your girlies! Maybe we'll have to send'em some SKIDIES or something...