Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

April Fools to you all! I've been trying to come up with a couple good tricks to play on an unsuspecting husband, kids, in-laws, neighbors, etc, but haven't been clever enough to come up with one yet. I did wake up with pink eye yesterday (have NO idea where THAT came from) so I guess the joke's really on me. SO instead I'll leave you with my all time favorite April fools joke that Adam and I played on his family.

Flashback to 2004: Adam's parents have always been pranksters. They always have, they always will be. Well Adam's mom, dad, little brother, and 2 little sisters all went to New Zealand on vacation. Adam and I decided it was long overdue that we play a joke on them, and there's no better time to do it than when they're gone for few days and a house is left empty! So we got something like a bazillion small (like the 2 oz size) dixie cups and I spent a whole day stapling the things together. (This was all before we had kids so I had plenty time in the day to do things like this.) Then Adam and I went to their house, and finished stapling all the dixie cups together in BOTH their bathrooms. (The pictures only show somewhat of the finished prank.) Then after all the cups were stapled we took a pitcher and filled probably 80% of them with water. Now what's the first place you want to hit when you get home from vacation??. . .the bathroom! The funny part was (for Adam and I atleast) that those tiny dixie cups are so flimsy that when you try to lift them up they just spill the water everywhere! Poor guys couldn't even use the bathroom! I guess they ended up just dumping the water everywhere and having to mop it up. If you ask them, this wasn't so hilarious. . if you ask me or Adam it was COMPLETELY HILARIOUS! So now you all have a good joke to play on someone. . just better not ever be me!!!


5 comments:

Tanya said...

That is really funny! When I was pregnant with Chloe on April Fools day I was about 4 weeks from my due date, I was gonna call Vince freaking out acting like I was in labor, but when he answered he wasn't in a very good mood,so I decided it wouldn't be such a good idea after all. I would totally do this time around but I'm not that close to my due date yet and I don't want to freak him out to bad :)

Becki R said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I wish you would have posted that earlier so I could have done it to my FHE bro's or something!! Love it!

Chelan said...

Hilarious!You look so sneaky in that picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayla!!! I remember this funny trick...good job. But, if you aren't doing anything for conference, we are having dinner at our house. BBQ burgers. Peggy's doing mac salad and we are doing burgers. If you want to come, fantastic. If you do, would you bring a fruit or a dessert and let me know which so I can do the other? Thanks...see you soon. Oh, not sure what time yet...TBA.

melanie said...

awesome!! i'll have to try that sometime