Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to Idaho

Okay, okay quit your whining. . .here's your new post. :) (Becky AND Gus!!!)

I got back Sunday night from my trip to Flori-DA! I had absolutely the BEST time ever. Here's a small recap:
Sunday: Arrived at Ritz-Carlton in Orlando. Way fancy hotel! Got to see the former President Bush talk and then see the Doobie Brothers live. Man they're old, but they can still get a crowd going.
Monday: Relaxed and got a massage. Love those!
Tuesday: Texas Roadhouse Humanitarian Day. I helped install a walkway at a camp for disabled children. It was hard work, but so, so, so worth it! Then went to a professional baseball game. Rays vs Blue Jays - first time I've ever seen a professional one! Later that night we went to downtown Disney to eat and walk around. We had a cab driver that was super scary - we all think he was on drugs or something. It was a very eerie feeling in that cab.
Wednesday: Went to Discovery Cove and got to snorkel, feed and pet birds, and swim with a dolphin! Our dolphin, named Capricorn, was in Jaws 3. Absolutely awesome!
Thursday: Went to Sea World for the first time! Shamu rocks! Then drove to Daytona Beach and walked in the Atlantic Ocean.
Friday: Went to Walt Disney World - Epcot. Did all there is to do there and stayed for the fireworks at night. So cool!
Saturday: Adam's mom and I hit WDW hard core! We did all 3 remaining parks in about 13 hours time. We couldn't do all the rides, but we saw Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. It was AWESOME, but my feet were SO SORE by the end of the day. In the pictures you see Peggy and me in blue wetsuits. Peggy had volunteered us to be in a show without knowing that that was what she was doing. We had to reinact Pearl Harbor while they dumped tons of water on us. If you want to know the whole story you gotta call me. That night, we stayed for the Fantasmic show. That has got to be the coolest show I've ever seen. I recommend that to everyone!!!!

So I never had been to Walt Disney World (or Disneyland either for that matter), or Sea World, or swim with a dolphin, so it was all so new and so much fun for me. Now I'm home, and I'm playing laundry and housekeeping catch up and doing books for our business from the last week. I hate coming home from vacation. Why does it have to end??? :)

Here's some pics from my adventure:

6 comments:

Amber C. said...

YEAH!! I've been waiting for you to get back, too! Remember me, Amber, long time roommate from way back when? I found you! Sheyann had a link to your blog on her blog. Anyway, it sounds like you had a way exciting, fantastic vacation. Hope you found everything well at home.

Mardie said...

Yep, I'm officially jealous. I have been wanting a vacation sooooo bad lately. However, talking Danny into it isn't so easy! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am glad you are back. Now the fun with Adam's ice starts...I am so sorry :(. But atleast you had a break...nice. Good luck with laundry and housekeeping...I haven't been on vacation and I am behind. Are we ever really ahead??? Welcome back!!! Jandy

Megan B ♥ said...

Welcome back!!! I'm so bummed about your technical difficulties and I hope you are able to resolve them soon! It sounds like an AMAZING FANTASTIC vacation, but my feet were starting to ache FOR you! What a LOT you were able to pack in!!!! FABULOUS!! We hope to be able to go to Disneyland October 2009ish, you wanna come too?????

Kayla said...

AMBER!!!! Hey!!! So glad you found me!! Do you have a blog or email or anything?!? I want to see pictures of your boy! You can write me at akagrover@gmail.com!!

The ZamFam said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! Next time, its just you and me though, k? By the way, I didn't know Heidi was engaged!! Tell her congrats for me!!! And thank for FINALLY posting a new post with pictures...geez!!!! haha