Thursday, April 10, 2008

What's new?

So I've decided that I lead a very boring life. I've tried about 7 times this last week to try and come up with something to blog about, and so far I've got nadda. Zip. Zilch. None. How boring am I? Actually, so far this month I've been busy doing stuff for our taxes (personal and business) and getting everything caught up before I leave on April 20th. Where do you ask I'm going??? I get to go to Orlando, Florida for a week!!! Here's that story. Adam's mom works at a potato warehouse that supplies potatoes to the Texas Roadhouse restaurants in some of the eastern states. Well every year she gets an opportunity to go to the big Texas Roadhouse convention. Adam's dad was going to go, but now isn't, so I just said one night that if he wasn't going, then I would! Well yadda, yadda, yadda, long story short. . .now I'm outta here. Just me and Adam's mom. We'll be doing the TR convention until Thursday the 24th and then we're spending an extra 2 1/2 days doing our own thing. I think we may go to Disney World or Sea World or both and of course some shopping. Also Adam's sister recently moved down there and so we're going to meet up with her and partay! I'm excited. It should be lots of fun! Yeah! If you have any desire at all as to what I'm doing, you can check out this link.

Also, last weekend my SWEET hubby decided to surprise me with a weekend getaway. We really hadn't gone on just a one on one date since December, so we got a hotel and my parents watched our kids and Adam and I spent Saturday and some of Sunday together, just the two of us. Yes, we only went to Idaho Falls, but I don't care! A mini-getaway is nice no matter where it's at. We ate at Olive Garden that night and when the host was sitting us he asked me if we were celebrating anything. I said, "Just being kid free!" He just laughed. It's just SO MUCH more relaxing to go and eat and not have to worry about Mieley throwing a noodle across the room to a stranger's plate or Adalyn spilling her drink, or anything! Ahh, I love it!

8 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Well those are two VERY exciting things to blog about! LOL, I guess the big difference is that I just blog about every little stupid thing that crosses my mind. Everyone gets to tag along on the journey of mindless, brain diarrhea that goes on around here :) Hee hee!! Can't wait for the pics of your trip, I'm so jealous!

KWit said...

Good girl.. you made an entry! Love the mini-getaway. I'm needing one BAD. Sad thing is my poor hubby is due for one too. I've dropped the hints for him to do one for us, but I know his plate is TOO full as is. That just might mean that I need to arrange it all!! That was sweet... And no kids! Mitchel we have to worry about him being able to sit still long enough! Hate that part.

Tanya said...

If you say you lead a boring life, I'll switch ya!:) at least you get to blog about cruises, weekend getaways, and going to Florida! My last blog was about a purse I bought...yeah that's exciting! But I do hope that you have fun, even though I'm jealous, I don't think I'll ever go anywhere again! :)

Chelan said...

You certainly don't lead a boring life! I would LOVE to go to Florida! I hope you post lots of details and pictures. How sweet of Adam to arrange a little getaway for you guys. You're lucky to be living near family who can watch the kids so you can do fun stuff like that.

Becki R said...

Have fun in Florida!! Try and bring back that sunshine please! Are you as sick of this snow as I am?! Wow...it's been a LONG winter! So I just found out today that you and I are going to be neighbors! Oh yeah, I'll be annoying, knocking on your door, begging for a cup of sugar! Just kidding! But I'm excited--maybe I'll actually see you now!

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice blog. Maybe next time I will get to go..hehehe...but then Richard will probably decide to go an d I will be the one with the boring life. Yes, I lead a very boring life. I have not been kid free since Vegas 2 yrs ago. BORING!!! But, one day I will not be nursing or pregnant...maybe???? I am excited for you...good job! See ya tomorrow? Jandy

Mardie said...

Can I come? :) I would love to get out of here for a week. Kaden's spring break is all next week and I've been trying to convince Danny to let us all do something, but he is super busy too. And I too have dropped hints to Danny to have a weekend getaway... But he's your brother. You know how he is. :)

The ZamFam said...

I am so excited for you! FunFun!! I am glad that you and Adam got to get away for the weekend. as for Olive Garden, Adam didn't do anything to embarrass you huh? You've done well!!