Monday, March 10, 2008

More Adalyn Funnies

The truth is that Adalyn's talking so much now, that she usually says or does something that cracks me up almost every day. But I've been thinking of them lately and here's a few more of my favorite storys:


A -tale- yn ( Pronounced Ad`a`lyn) #1:

April 24, 2007: I opened the window blinds upstairs to help get light into the house. Adalyn saw me do this, ran to the window and said, "I want to turn the window on!"


A -tale- yn #2

November 27, 2007: I was helping my neighbor Kristie make some of her wedding CD's at my house. Adalyn was watching us, when Kristie asked Adalyn, "Did you know I'm going to get married?!?" Without missing a beat Adalyn says, "When I get older, I'm getting marry too. . .Primary."




A -tale- yn #3

February 24, 2008: Adalyn had to give the scripture in Primary for the first time, so Adam and I snuck into the back of Primary to watch her (and I was going to help her with her scripture when it came time.) Well Adalyn spotted us right off and as loud as could be she kept saying "MOM, GET OUT OF MY PRIMARY! MMMOOOOMMMM, GET OUT OF MY PRIMARY!" Adam high-tailed in outta there, and I just sat there as embarrassed as could be.



A -tale- yn #4
March 9, 2008: Adalyn's primary teachers brought Adalyn over some papers and a small package of skittles on Saturday night. Adalyn was already in bed so she didn't see any of it until Sunday morning. So yesterday morning, she came downstairs, saw her papers and treat and exclaimed, "Ooohh, these are so beautiful! I love them! A treat?!? Mom, can I eat my skidies now?" I just love how she called the Skittles "Skidies". Say skidies outloud - it's just a funny word! :)



I'm sure there will be many more A -tale- yn's to come!


7 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, I sure hope there are more to come! Those were wonderful! I actually snorted when I got to the part where she tried to banish you from the Primary room :)

KWit said...

I would of died laughing when Adelyn was on her pitch in Primary. That is seriously so funny! Still laughing!!

Mardie said...

I can just see Adam running out of the room and you sliding down in your chair. :) HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Kayla...or maybe I should give the credit to ADALYN!!! I love children for this very reason. They are so funny at times, I guess that is why we have children and not just teenagers. Then we can remember the funny cute times so we don't disown them as teenagers!!! Jandy

melanie said...

so cute! i love all the fun things kids say! coming to the clubhouse tomarrow??

The ZamFam said...

ok, Ady is hilarious!!! The primary is the best one. I love stories like that. This is when I totally miss you guys! This would have been a perfect "story telling with cinnamon rolls" experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan B said...

You have got to send that girl down for a few days to entertain her cousin!