Here's another winner new recipe I tried a couple nights ago. Adam and I liked it a lot. However, the girls wouldn't touch it because it had things like brown rice and gasp! vegetables! I followed the recipe pretty much exactly, except I didn't add in the green onions since neither Adam and I care for those. Hope you like it too! And if you want to see a picture of it, click the recipe title.
Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
9 Servings Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Ingredients
3 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups cubed grilled chicken breast
2 medium tart apples, diced
1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
2/3 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Lettuce leaves, optional
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken published in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p37
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yum! It looks good... I ordered a subscription to light and Tasty but haven't gotten it yet. I'm excited to try some new healthy recipes. I'm going to try this one! Oh, and it's good to hear that I'm not the only one with picky eaters. I quit trying to find things they like cause they were so finicky.
I'm all over this one too! THANKS!
Can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment