Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Concert

Adam suprised me with tickets to go see a Christmas Concert by Jon Schmidt last night. (click the link to listen to some music of his). I think probably 90% of you out there have heard his "Love Story meets Vida la Vida" song. You can still find that song on YouTube. However, funny moment in the concert, he mentioned that Sony Records called and he isn't allowed to morph those two songs together until he gets the correct permissions from the group Coldplay. So what did he do? He started playing Taylor Swifts, "Love Story," stopped half way through and announced the next song he would like to play was "Vida la Vida," and then continued on playing. The crowd went crazy! For now, he has a new mix of just "Love Story meets Love Story," which I enjoy just as much. He is an AWESOME piano player. Steven Sharp Nelson was also there and adds so much to the performance. The cello and piano together are just a really, really good combo.

The concert was great and a lot longer than I thought it would be. It started at 7:30 pm and didn't end until around 9:45 pm. It made me miss playing the piano a lot. We stayed a little bit after the concert and met Steven Nelson and Jon Schmidt and had them sign some cd's and sheet music. Then I made Adam take my picture with Jon:


I know I'm a dork. But, all in all it was a really fun night out! Thanks Adam!

6 comments:

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

How fun! He puts on the best show! Rob even enjoyed going to his concert (and he's not a big music person)!

Chelan said...

I bet that was fun!Piano concerts are really great. I'm sure you read about the oen I went to too. You should start playing again! It's a huge stress reliever!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great time!!! I wish we could have made it. Don't give up on "helping" your Dad. He will come around sometime. Store is now moved, but we are not moving to swift. Dad didn't know so many places could hurt at the same time and still be able to tell about it.

I think Chelan had a great idea. You should start playing again. You have a wonderful touch and can really make that instrument sing rather than just play.

I'm just a little jealous, but so happy for you :) :) Lova ya all, Mom

VA Bradshaws said...

Adam wins. . . again. When are you coming to Utah?

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, that awesome Adam. You just can't compete with that guy and his perfect gift ideas!!!

Alicia said...

i love his concerts. Always so fun. If you really miss piano that much be sure not to let bishop know. He may put you in as a piano player for something!