Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yellowstone, Take Two

When you purchase a pass into Yellowstone National Park, it's actually good for 7 days. Adam finished work early yesterday, so we decided to go to the park again. On Sunday, we did the Old Faithful loop. This time we went north to Mammoth Hot Springs.

The first place we stopped was Sheepeater Cliff. It was a lot of fun for the girls to climb. It reminded us of Legos.

Starting out. . .

A little further up. . .


Pretty much as high as they could go. Maybe next time when they're a little taller they can go further up.


The rest of these pictures are from Mammoth Springs, where we spent the rest of the day. I think this spot was called Angel Terrace if I remember correctly.


Here's a family picture. I love the dead tree in the background. It really was pretty for being dead. Oh and there's little Tora tucked up under that hat. We did a lot of walking, so she fell fast asleep.

See - there she is!

Pretty, pretty


We couldn't get Mieley to do a decent smile. She was acting so silly here!

Cheeeeesssseeee!





This picture really doesn't do this spot justice. It's times like these that I had a much more professional camera to get great pictures. Still cool nonetheless though.


And here's Liberty Cap - a dormant hot spring cone - as the sign says.

All in all, another great family day. And to top it all off, some ice-cream from Dairy Queen on the way home.

3 comments:

Mardie said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish we could be up there with you and enjoy some camping with you guys! We miss you! Can't wait til next week!

Megan B ♥ said...

Yellowstone is so much fun! We haven't been there in a long time; thanks for reminding me of what a great vacation spot it is!

Meagan Cooper said...

Looks like a fun day! I am glad to see Tora in her wrap, they are the greatest! Your blond little girls are too cute!