I really love this time of year. Not the bitter cold that comes with it, but I really love fall, the changing leaves, the crisp in the morning air, all the yummy food, and lots of family gatherings. Adalyn's birthday is also just around the corner and she thinks her birthday is one long celebration. For as long as she's been around, we've gone to the Archer/Lyman Halloween carnival, then have her birthday party a couple days later, and then a couple days after that it's Halloween. I love to see all the cute kids with their cute costumes. (No scary, dark stuff for me) Then before we know it, it's Thanksgiving and then Christmas. The holiday season is so close and I love it.
We've already done some pumpkin picking and carving. It's always a fun night for us. We get our pumpkins from a family friend's house.

Adalyn wasn't going to let go of her pumpkin. She found that one she wanted and didn't let it go for a long time. I told the girls they could have whatever pumpkin they wanted - they just had to be able to lift it.

Mieley was more interested in the shovel.

The girls colored their pumpkins with crayons. Here's Mieley's final masterpiece.

Such hard work, but Adalyn finished hers too.


Here's the carvin' bunch out at Adam's parents house. Adam was there too, but didn't carve a pumpkin this time because he was taking care of the girls. What a good husband!

Here's some of the finished pumpkins. Very cool.
This is the one I did. Yes, according to everyone else, I cheated because I used a stencil, but I think they were just jealous that they didn't think of it first. :)
Enjoy the Halloween music for now!
1 comment:
Niiiiiice! ANd a great rule about them having to be able to carry their own pumpkin! We need to get our pumpkins still, hopefully this week! We don't (know how to) carve. We just used sharpies :)
Post a Comment