Four! Four? Four. Already. Where has the time gone? My little girl's four going on sixteen!
Here's the finished cake a couple hours before the party. Adalyn loved it! Whew! Way easier, and I mean WAY EASIER to do this than last year's princess castle cake. I practically jumped for joy when Addy said all she wanted for her cake this year was a butterfly.
Adalyn's "princess" hair. Adam gives me a hard time that I don't ever do our girl's hair cute, so I wanted to prove him wrong. I think it turned out very cute myself.
Presents!
Blowing out the candles. We found "princess wand" candles for Adalyn. Very cool.
Cheesy cake smile. Adam took my picture with the cake in all it's glory before it was demolished and devoured.
I think if Mieley could open her mouth wider she would shove the whole thing in.
I know that the two grandmas in this picture probably aren't going to be happy that I posted this, but I think it's a VERY special picture. Adalyn's with her Grandma Bradshaw and Great Grandma Parker.
Today is Adalyn's actual birthday. I decided to do the girls hair cute again - just to really give Adam something to talk about. :)
Here's how it looks from the back. Cute huh?
Mieley's super cute too! I must confess that I got these ideas off the internet, but they weren't too hard to do. A definite bonus for me.
Sharing some love.
Here's what Adalyn got for her birthday today. I originally wanted to take her to the movie theater to watch this for a girl's day out, but only a couple days ago did I realize that Tinkerbell went straight to DVD. So tonight, I think we may make popcorn and have a little family movie night instead.
Last night we had her birthday party. We had pizza for the kids, and homemade soups for the adults. It was a fun night! I feel lucky to have family members that live close by and are able to share in these special days with us.
A HUGE thank you to everyone that came last night, helped out with the food, and for all the wonderful gifts. I appreciate you all more than you all know!
WE LOVE YOU ADALYN! We can't wait to share many, many, MANY more birthdays with you! Try to stay my little girl for a little longer!

4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADALYN!!!! I can't believe she is 4 already. THe cake is beautiful and I TOTALLY love all the hair styles! I have a friend who visits a blog to get hairstyle ideas for her daughter with long hair. Isn't the internet great?
Happy Birthday for real this time, Adalyn!! We love you and are so happy we get to have you in our family!! I love your new hair!!! And I am jealous I don't have a gorl to do those fun things to!!!!! Mieley, your hair is very pretty, too! Thanks for the fun bday party...you are the best!! And, I loved the cake...very cute!
So the dumb part is I was meaning to call you, and Adalyn on her birthday and thought about it doing it right up till the day it came, then I spaced it. SO happy belated birthday! Aren't I just a good uncle.
I'm very impressed about doing the girls' hair. I'm a little nervous to ever have a girl, cuz I might have to do hair, and I don't know how!
Post a Comment