Monday, June 9, 2008

Heart Attack!

I'm finally down to my final week on my treadmill. This Saturday is the big race day for me. I'm excited and nervous.

SO I was contemplating this thought while running on my treadmill in the wee hours this morning. .I had a good pace going, and my headphones cranked up loud, when . . .

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I about died of a heart attack right there and then. I nearly peed my pants too. For some reason, the smoke alarm nearest to my head went off, FULL BLAST. It was so loud! It only beeped for about 5 seconds though and then it stopped. (Just enough to make my heart stop and then start again.) Really, what is with my smoke alarms in this house?? They stand against me I think.

So I started thinking about it and all I really gotta say to this is that I must of been smokin' hot on the treadmill this morning! (A compliment for me on my birthday. . .yep, today's my birthday!)

Enjoy! (turn off the music down below to hear the audio of this video. It's worth it!)

6 comments:

Amber C. said...

Between the post and the video, Sheyann and I about DIED laughing. I hope you're having a great birthday and good luck on your race on Saturday. :)

KWit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY... there honey cakes. I do agree that is quite a complament that you got early this morning. Your house didn't want to miss the big day for you!! I do hope you enjoy your day!! Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA

Kim said...

Hey Kayla...Shay's wife Kim here. Your probably don't know that I read your blog...I found it on Megan's. Happy Birthday and good luck on your race!!

Becki R said...

That is pretty scary--and Happy Birthday! What a great friend I am to remember...NOT. Well, love me anyways. Did I ever tell you about the time when I was younger and Tim turned the treadmill up to like 10 mph and I jumped on it...I made it about 3 steps and had a mark from my face all the way down to my legs...sad but true story.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kayla. I know it will say a day late but I really did remember yesterday. You look so gorgeous and tan. I always wanted to be just like you! Hope you have a great day.

Megan B ♥ said...

Hey, where did you get that footage of me on the treadmill? I thought I had burned all the copies!!

Seriously, the SMOKE alarm? How fast were you running anyway? Hope you can SMOKE the competition this weekend!