Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In the Eye Doctor Chair AGAIN!

Okay, okay - I know yesterday was the whole "wo is me" story with the dentist, but today I went to the eye doctor hopefully for the last time for atleast 10 years!! Yeah!!!!

As many of you know, I got LASIK surgery last July. I can't say how happy I've been with the results! I'm definitely one of the blessed/lucky ones. I only had one scary time about 2 weeks after the surgery when I felt something "rip/pop" in my eye and my vision went blurry for about a day. That was super scary - and I was cursing myself for being so selfish and wondering why I just paid someone to help me lose my vision - but after an emergency run to the eye doctor, and a few months of ointments and eye drops, everything has just been uphill from there.

So today I went to the eye doctor and I'm seeing 20/15! That's even better than 20/20! He said that if a patient makes it to the year mark with no complications, then there is usually no further vision changes for around 10 years. I'm hoping for 20 years, but I'll take whichever! (The only thing that may still change my vision is pregnancy - but I'll jump that hurdle when and if I ever have to) No more glasses or contacts or squinting to read the alarm clock. I'm just as happy as a clam. I guess it's good thing that I have good eyes to make up for my bad teeth. Such is life!

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

That is SUCH great news!! Congrats! Justin used to make fun of my bad eyesight until I had it checked (many dozens of times last year) and found out my bad eye when it's healed is 20/20 and my good one is 20/15. So I wonder what Justin's is??? I should call him Clark Kent. I remember as a young teenager being very very jealous of my friends and sister who had to get glasses. Wasn't I so silly?

Chelan said...

I'm glad the LASIK worked out for you! I'd love to get it too someday.