Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dam Runner No More

Well I finished. Another race completed! The weather was perfect, the race course was awesome, and I ended up getting my best time EVER!

Here's my stats:

TETON DAM HALF MARATHON
13.1 miles in 2 : 03 : 11

145th place (out of 346) for all half marathon runners, male and female.

17th place (out of 45) for my age group: Women 25-29.

67th place (out of 205) for all the female half marathon runners.


The best time that I've ever gotten before that was 2 hours 11 minutes - I got that time in a half marathon in Pocatello in 2001. I'm way pumped about my time this year! I won't expect to beat that though for atleast another 7 years or so!

My favorite sign that a volunteer was holding this year was: "This sport would be fun if it wasn't for all the running!" Ha, ha, ha!

Here's the only picture I have from our race (from off the internet). Adam had my camera, but wasn't able to make it to my race, so no other pictures. The picture after me is my sista' - in- law DANIELLE who ran with me. This was her first half marathon EVER and she did AWESOME!

Later that night. . .feeling good!

And now the best part of finishing the race:


MY BIRTHDAY CAKE! A Dairy Queen cookies n' cream ice cream cake. YUMMY!!!

Next race. . .end of August! Today's my last "off" day. Tomorrow, time to start running again. :) I better eat the rest of that cake tonight!

8 comments:

Shara said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I get tired just thinking of running that far. :)

Amber C. said...

Hurray!! That's an AWESOME time. Congrats! You've got me excited to start running again...in another month or two...

Megan B ♥ said...

YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!! Congrats, and I am Teton DAM proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake, I am glad you finally got it!!! I am so proud of you and Dani, Good JOB!!! WOOOHHOOOO!!! You are stronger willed than I am, maybe next year? Congrats! Love ya! jandy

Chelan said...

Wow! Great job. It looks really invigorating seeing those pictures...although if I tried that here I'd probably die...literally. 113 degrees is a killer :-P Congratulations! That cake looks so tasty! So do you have a special diet when you're preparing for a race?

Becki R said...

WOW! Good job Kayla, that's awesome! I am so proud, seriously, I don't know why cause I didn't even like do anything to help you or anything, but that's awesome!

The ZamFam said...

You go girl! I am so proud of you!! And yummy cake by the way. I miss DQ runs with my BF!!!!

Tara said...

Good JOB! That is good time! My time at the 1/2 last year was 2hrs 11 min. Are you going to do it again next year?