Mieley: MMMMooooooooMMMMM! MMMooooooommmmmm! MMMMOOOOOOMMMMM!!!
Me: (stumbling into the room) What is it Mieley!?! MIELEY STOP TAKING OFF YOUR DIAPER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S GROSS!!!!
About 2 hours later:
Adalyn: (Crying hysterically) MOMMY!!!! Mommy!
Me: C'mon Adalyn, let's go back bed. I'll rub your back even.
Adalyn: AAAHH!! I can't! There's big spiders in my bed. EEEwwww!
Me: (pulling off all the blankets and pillows) Look there's no spiders, now let's get back to bed!
Adalyn: NO! (falling on the floor now) Ow! THEY'RE HURTING ME! OWWW!
Me: (getting very loud now) ADALYN WHERE ARE THE SPIDERS? POINT TO THEM FOR ME! (Now Mieley's up and crying hysterically too)
Adalyn: RIGHT THERE! (pointing at her pillow)
Me: (picking up the offending pillow) THIS IS NOT A BIG SPIDER! IT'S A PILLOW!
Adalyn: (still jumping up and then falling on the floor) Ow! They're hurting me! Ow! THAT IS A BIG SPIDER!
And so on and so on we fought about her pillow being a spider. Finally, Adam broke in and took Adalyn downstairs and slept on the couch with her.
Can I just get a decent night of sleep please?!?
The girls were happy this morning though. It's like they don't even remember the drama they cause 75% of the nights in a week. Here's what I saw when I walked into their room this morning:

6 comments:
I can totally empathize with you on sleepless nights. I was thinking the other day that I haven't got to sleep through the night since about July of 2006. And to think I was hoping Dillon would sleep through the night by the time he was a few months old... And by the sounds of your post, I better not hope for sleep in the near future either!! LOL.
It's a good thing they are so very very cute, huh? :) Look at those little angelic faces!!! Little Jeckyls and Hydes with the rising of the moon!
You poor thing! :-( I would be upset too. Sleep is something I NEED to function in life. I don't get much of it though either. And how in the world can kids wake up and be so perky and hyper when they've been up all night??? No fair! Your girlies are cute though. They will be best friends forever!
Okay, before you read on, remember that I have NO kids...that story just makes me laugh so hard! Not because you lost sleep but just because I can picture the whole thing in my mind and it is funny to me! Sorry! There's an extra bed at my apt. if you need to come sleep over!! :)
What did I tell you about Red Bull and horror movies for the kids right before bed? Sometimes big bro does have good advice.
I agree with you good thing they are so cute.. I love the pillow being a HUGE spider. That is pretty funny and then trying to get her to realize it wasn't. Ummm, maybe I am glad Mitchel doesn't really talk!
Post a Comment