Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another Temper Tantrum

Well Happy Holidays! Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Once again we woke up to snow on the ground. How come it always happens the day the month changes? It's like every month keeps throwing these temper tantrums. I wasn't too put out with today's morning snow because I knew it wouldn't be long before it would melt. Also, though I LOVE summer, I keep trying to remind myself that I have no air conditioner and it gets AWFULLY hot in my house and we all sweat to death. I might as well enjoy the cooler weather while I can. Trying to stay optimistic here! :)

But. . .even with all of that. . .I think that since people are sick of the snow (except Adam - he and our neighbor had a contest going to see who's pile of snow in front of our house would last longer. Ours won. Adam was so proud! It only melted all the way earlier this week - FINALLY!) . . .that your state should give you a tax break if it snows past April 15 in your state. It'll help spare many, many people from depression I think. Who's up for signing my petition to send to congress?!? It's all for the greater good!


About 7:30 this morning:



Only 3 hours later:


I just had to put the Christmas song in for now. :)

4 comments:

Jandy Lou said...

I like the post. We also woke up to snow. Daeson thanked Heavenly Father for it in his morning prayers...but I think he was ready to take it back after I told him he couldn't go outside because of the snow. A few years ago it snowed on my birthday...JUNE 8!! It just happened to be free fishing day and Troy had gotten me fishing stuff. We had the day planned, it snowed, we canceled. I guess that is the price we pay for living in Idaho...would you really want to live anywhere else??

KWit said...

Ha HA...what a rude awakening you had coming home. Glad to see that the snow is at least gone for now! Sorry... really I am sorry about that. Tonia called me and was not impressed either! Looks like an awesome trip!

melanie said...

i agree!!! i'll sign it!

Megan B ♥ said...

Show me where to sign, LOL! :) I can't believe that, honestly, it's crazy! And I can't believe it all melted in just a few hours! With all this snow, I should hope that we are out of a drought this year!!! Welcome home from Sunny Florida :) Idaho was mad that you left and this is him spitting at you. I can hear the ththtthhththththt from here!