Monday, February 18, 2008

What a Busy Weekend

This has been one whirlwind of a weekend. I can't believe that it's already Monday night! Here's what's been going on the last couple of days.

Friday: Adam, the girls, and I helped my parents move. I'm super excited for them, and now they are living closer to me than before! However, at the same time it's kind of hard to let go of the house I've grown up in and have so many childhood memories in. I feel like I've lost a little part of who I am. Is it weird to feel this way? It's also a little bit hard to know that my kids won't ever go to the house that I grew up in anymore, but now I guess it's just time to make lots of new memories in their new home! Their new house is beautiful and I wish that it was me moving into a home. Oh well, someday my day will come!

Saturday: We had Adam's mom's 50th Birthday Suprise party in our clubhouse. Saturday was filled with making cupcakes and soups, decorating, and just getting ready for the big bash. Adam's mom was suprised and I think the party went really well. I was a little worried, because when we went in to decorate, the clubhouse had water damage and there was wokers in the clubhouse cleaning it. But I told them I had a party I was getting ready for, and they moved the carpet back into place and had plastic around the area they were working on, and were good about leaving early enough for us to finish decorating. In the end, all worked out and everyone had fun. We love you GRANDMA GROVER!!!

Here's a couple scrapbooking pages that I did to give to Adam's mom for her "fake" birthday present (she got her real present at the party). It's the first pages that I've really done, and I think they turned out fairly good - but don't zoom in too close. The template was from the great Mrs. Racketty Scrappety. If anyone is interested in digital scrapbooking, she has the greatest templates. She's very talented and not only that - she's my AWESOME sister-in-law MEGAN! (Had to put a plug in for you MEG!)





Credits: Kit "Reverie" by Weeds and Wildflowers. Wordart by K. Pertiet. Templates by Racketty Scrappety



Today I went back to my parent's new home to help my mom strip wall paper off in a room. The room we were doing was so "overkill" done by the first owners of the house. It was a "pepto-bismo" pink colored room with a pink and white striped border from the bottom to half way up the wall. Then on top of that wall paper, they put another wall paper border of kittens. Then on the top of the pink walls, they stenciled flowers and bugs all around the room. I'm sure the little girl who had stayed in that room loved it, but it was way too much for my taste. My mom and I got all the wall paper off, scrubbed the walls and then called it a day. Later, I went furniture shopping with my mom and dad in Idaho Falls to help them look for a new couch. All was going well until Adalyn took off running to get Mieley. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but the next thing I know I look over and my mom has Adalyn and there's blood pouring down her face. I guess Adalyn had tripped and hit her head on a coffee table. Poor girl! Good thing my mom was there to take care of everything! She had her cleaned up and happy within a couple of minutes. What a good grandma. Here's the battle wound:





Adalyn's now just happy that she gets a "Shrek" bandaid on her head to show to everyone. Kids have the greatest attitudes!! I'm sure if it was me, I would be trying to come up with ways to hide my wound the best way I could - Adalyn shows her wound off proudly.




So that's my weekend in a nut shell. Never a dull moment!

P.S. Before we even went to the furniture store my mom and I were laughing about what happened the last time I went to a furniture store (Furniture Row in I.F.)- The last time I went, it was with Adam when Adalyn was around 2 years old. I was sitting in a banana chair on one side of the store, and Adam was a ways away looking at other banana chairs. Adalyn takes off running from me to find Adam, when we both hear a big CRASH and glass shattering. I had the sickest feeling in my gut. Adam, me, and 2 workers immediately went to investigate. Adalyn had knocked over a HUGE framed picture of Tinkerbell that was on an easel. I just kept thinking, "I can't believe I'm going to have to buy this huge picture of Tinkerbell that I don't even want." Luckily, the workers just made sure that Adalyn was okay, cleaned up the mess, and didn't want payment for the picture. We did buy a banana chair though. :)

So before I left this time to head to Odells, I was retelling this story and thought, what could happen? I guess Adalyn's just jinxed when she goes to furniture stores. I'll have to remember that next time I want to go shopping for a couch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Really miss you guys!

Gus

Megan B said...

SERIOUSLY!! I LEFT A GIGANTIC COMMENT YESTERDAY!!! What in the WORLD?????

Sigh.....

I know you're deleting them. ;)

It's either that or I'm losing my mind... hmmm... 50-50...

melanie said...

sounds like quite an eventful week!! mine was spent indoors getting over broncitis...yuck. we need a play date BAD!!!

KWit said...

Okay so next time I go and visit I'm requesting a trip to a furniture store with you and your girls. Talk about entertainment! That is so funny, sorry... I'd hate to be in your shoes, but really funny!