Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grandpa

Today, my family attended the funeral of my Grandpa P.

I wanted to share this will you:



Though this isn't my Grandpa's story, I find comfort in the words of President Monson: "We know, through the revealed word of God, that “the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, … are taken home to that God who gave them life.”


I'm so very grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that families are forever.  I'm grateful for this Grandpa, who after my dad's father past away, entered our lives, and truly became another grandpa to us, and loved us as one of his own grandchildren.  I'm sure he was welcomed with wide open arms into heaven.

We love you.

5 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

Thank you for posting that. I needed it today. I have been pushing off my emotions in order to stay focused on school. I needed that message this morning.

Amber C. said...

He was a wonderful, loving man, and one of my favorite people in the M2 ward. He was also a good friend to my Grandpa Bartschi when they worked together at the temple. He will be missed, but I'm sure he is a blessing for those already in Heaven. :)

Mardie said...

Amen to all of that.

Kira said...

What a cute picture of those two. I know Cole and I were so sad that we couldn't be there. He was such a great man and grandpa, he will be so missed.

KWit said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. What a great post and what a great picture. Our hearts for you all and especially for your Grandma. Hugs...