Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sleepless Night


So I'm pretty sure which of the 7 dwarfs our household would portray right now: SLEEPY and GRUMPY. Last night, started out okay. . .the girls had a tea party set up in their room before bed time and were playing *good* together. . . . well as good as a 3 and 2 year old will play together. It was actually really cute to watch them. But around 9 o' clock it all went downhill.




No one wanted to go to bed. I had to put them each in bed a couple dozen times, but Mieley was determined to climb out of her crib EVERY time I left the room. She would wait for about 1 minute, just enough time for me to get comfortable and situated in my own bed, and then come running out. AAHH!! It's so hard not to get mad after atleast 10 times putting her back into bed.

So around 10 pm Mieley finally fell asleep (Adalyn fell asleep rather quickly thank goodness!) Then around 10:30 she started hacking and coughing so bad that Adam and I ran into her room because we were sure we would find puke all over her bed. No puke, but we had to get her calmed back down and back to sleep.

Finally around 11 or so, I got to crawl back into my bed and go to sleep. I had just barely started sleeping soundly when I woke up to a very ANNOYING and high pitch *chirp*. . . .*chirp*. . .*chirp*. The fire alarm was beeping every 10 seconds or so because it's batteries were low. Well I couldn't sleep with that nonsense going on, and either could Mieley. She wakes up and starts the whole crying fit over again. Adam took Mieley and I hurried to get a 9 Volt battery for the alarm. But wait - we don't have any 9V batteries! - I ended up taking the battery out of my electric guitar tuner thing and using that to shut the thing up!

Fast forward. . we finally ALL get back to sleep, when around 3 am Mieley's up again. I tried to calm her down and soothe her back to sleep, but she wouldn't have it. She wouldn't let me pick her up out of her crib, but cried even more when I tried to walk away. It was chaos. Finally, before I lost it, I just left her room, shut the door, shut my door and *tried* to sleep through her crying. She did finally settle down, but not more than 2 hours later my alarm went off and it was time to get up. It was very hard to drag my body outta bed this morning to go exercise, but I finally did it and now. . .well that's just say now everyone's a bit grumpy and I'm very much sleepy. The only one that seems happy right now is Mieley. Explain that to me? Adalyn sleeps the best and she's grumpy, but Mieley acts like she slept like a lamb.

I need a nap, but first I'm going to go and take a side off the crib and make the crib a big girl bed. She still probably won't stay in bed, but I think it's time to make the switch to big bed. Wish me luck for tonight!

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

#1 -- GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!! YIKES!

#2 -- I can't believe you got up to exercise this morning! You're an animal!

#3 -- I am SOOooo sorry! I HATE HATE HATE nights like that!!!!

Tara said...

Yay! I've been wondering about you! Thanks for commenting on my blog, or I wouldn't have known about this! It sounds like you are up to about what I'm up to... KIDS! Except you have 2 at the time. Hey, email me and let me know what you guys are doing... tarahempel@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, KLA!!! I am soooo sorry about last night!! YUCK! The other night was nice to reflect on what our lives were bafore kids...yes, I dare to daydream. Hope tonight goes better!!! jandy

KWit said...

he he he he he ha! Sorry I was giggling the whole time reading that. I HATE those nights too! Crazy how much you love and dispise those little farts especially when they are keeping you from sleeping. Congrats on the switch to the big girl bed. Mitchel does awesome in it! Hope you get a nap in!!! Later, grumpy!@