Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moab, Utah

Well we made it safely back from our trip to Moab. It was awesome! I highly recommend going there if you haven't ever! It's so beautiful and majestic. There's nothing quite like it!

Adam, me, Danielle (Adam's sister) and Todd (brother-in-law) all went. Thanks again to Megan and Justin who watched our kids over the weekend (even though it was Justin's birthday and Mother's Day) to make this all possible for us.

Here's a small recap:

Thursday: We got to Moab and did some of the Arches National Park. The arches are so cool. It's amazing how they form.

Friday: We rented a jeep and did Elephant Hill in the Cayonlands National Park. It was a lot of fun but super scary in some parts too. My stomach was doing all sorts of loop-de-loops and flip-flops. I appointed myself the "action shots" photographer during the tough parts on the jeep trail so we could have cool pictures. They all made fun of me when I would hop out, but I kept telling them we'll see who's the last one laughing when they are rolling down the cliff. Funny note: Adam told me we were going SLOW enough that the biggest threat we only really had was getting a sunburn. I didn't believe him. I did get a sunburn though. :) I actually drove too and down a steep part called "Silver stairs." Personal achievment for me there. :) Adam even made me re-back up some of it so he could get a good "jeeping" shot. Funny husband.

We also saw Newspaper rock which is a rock full of Indian writings. Really cool to see upclose!

Also on the jeep trail we drove to a part where the Green River joins the Colorado River. It was a spectacular view! There is something you feel there that makes you realize the great power God had in creating this world.

Saturday: We hiked Delicate Arch. It's about a 1 1/2 mile hike pretty much straight up. It's a good hike, but so worth it in the end. The Delicate Arch is so huge and so beautiful!

Then we went to Dead Horse Point which is an Utah State Park. This over looks the Colorado River and a lot of the Canyonlands. I just can't describe the view from there. It's AMAZING!


We never made it to Mesa Verde, but that's okay, we had plenty to do in the couple days we were there. Can't wait to do this again someday.

Here's a few pictures of the occasion:

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Those pictures are awesome! You are VERY brave in some of them, holy cow!! Glad you had such a good time!

KWit said...

That is awesome. I think driving on some of those rocks would be an awesome rush!!! Looks like you guys are doing great with all of the VACATIONS this year!! No kiddies toboo! I think we need to head there sometime! Hay I'm still waiting for you to show up for the weeny roast...

Becki R said...

Cool pics--it looks and sounds like you had a great time! I would have probably been outside of the jeep with you! That looked a little scary! :)

Tanya said...

I don't blame you for getting out of the car, when I go with Vince I'll get out on some of the things he'll climb...and that's here around Rexburg, I don't think I'll be going to Moab :)

The ZamFam said...

So, you were in UT, huh????????????