Adam got home from work today and I had a few errands to run, so he stayed home to watch Tora and Ajay, while I left with Adalyn and Mieley in tow. We picked up pizza on the way back home and pulled in to see Adam rocking Ajay in the back yard, both enjoying the sun.
I went inside to put my groceries and such away and was upstairs when Adam came in, handing me Ajay because he had spit up all over Adam. I took Ajay to start cleaning him up, when Ajay started gagging on his spit up. It was the weirdest thing. At first I just thought he would work it out on his own, but then Ajay started violently gagging, followed by short cries that just sounded like he was in so much pain. I kept turning him on his side, sure he would work it all out on his own, but he just couldn't. So I started trying to suck out with a nasal aspirator, but he just kept gagging and choking and taking very short, shallow breaths. The final straw was Ajay's eyes became extremely puffed up and he could barely open them into slits. We didn't know if he was having an allergic reaction from something outside or just plain choking.
Panicking now, we grabbed all our kids, threw everyone in the car and raced to the ER. It's only about a 5 minute drive from our house, but it seemed so much longer this time. The whole time I kept trying my best to get Ajay to breath, but he seemed as though he was going to pass out at anytime. His eyes were rolling back, he was still gagging and letting out the most awful cries I have ever heard. We got to the ER, I ran Ajay in, when Ajay miraculously started to act better. His breathing evened out, he stopped gagging, and his color returned normal. I honestly can't explain what happened.
So I stayed in the ER lobby for awhile, holding Ajay and watching for any signs of well. . .anything while Adam drove the girls around in the car for awhile. Luckily for us, Ajay seemed to work through whatever it was, and we were able to leave without getting admitted to the hospital.
I just want to say how blessed I feel this night that nothing went too seriously wrong. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I know that we are being watched over.

8 comments:
Holy smokes, how terrifying!!!!!!! I'm so glad he is ok!
When I heard of your horror my heart just stopped. Tears of relief are on the verve everytime I read this. Yes, we are being watched over...I am so thankful that Ajay is all right.
So sorry for the miss- communication about this past weekend. I thought you where coming if you could - you thought I would let you know about Dan and Mardie. Sorry.
So very grateful all is okay.
Love Mom
Oh my goodness how incredibly scary!! I am SO glad that everything is okay and whatever was going on is over...hopefully never to return again!
Sorry for the scare!! But congratulations on Ajay!! What a cute family you have!! :)
Last night at prayers, Daeson prayed that it would never happen to "sweet baby Ajay again or any other babies on the earth". We love that little guy and I am so glad things are okay. We sure love you guys!
Scary!!! So glad he is okay! that is not fun when those types of things happen, that is for sure!! Very greatful that all is well.
that is scary!! funny how the ER doors seems to cure everything, that's happened to me a few times. I'm glad he's okay!
that is sooo scary. BTW.... he is ADORALBE!!!
Post a Comment