Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for Adalyn and Mieley.  Adalyn is now a 1st grader and Mieley goes to Kindergarten.  They are both very excited!


The other new adventure this year: getting to ride the bus to and from school.

And she's off. . .

After we get Adalyn off, it's Mieley's turn to get ready for Kindergarten.

I still have to take her to school, but at least she gets a bus ride home.  Here she is ready to go inside. I'm bummed that the picture is so washed out - it wasn't until later that I discovered I had accidently switched my camera to full manual - obviously I'm not ready for that mode yet.

My favorite part of the day??  Them running off the bus when they got home and giving me a giant hug.  




I wish this excitement would last the whole year.  :)


And just because I think he's the cutest - here's a few pictures of Ajay.  Guess I should of taken some pictures of Tora too.  :)



This past week has been a lot of new adjustments, but they've all been good!!

6 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

fun fun! I can't believe Mieley is in kindergarten. I bet thats a nice break to have two at school for a while during the day. Ajay is so cute! I can definitely see you in him.

Terry said...

The girls look so cute in their little outfits. Somehow too grown-up - but really really happy. I think the first day of school at any grade is exciting!! Ajay is sure cute in his current photoshot. You are getting really good with that camara. I have to laugh at you are not ready for the auto settings yet - I'm still working on the on/off button.

Crystal said...

Yeah that is so exciting. Audrey starts school in a few days. I have been patiently waiting for pictures of Aj. He is a handsome little guy. We miss you guys. There is probably a 60% chance that we will be back this winter for school fingers crossed. I think we will try and find somewhere a little bigger to live as 4 kiddos might be a little tight. Not that you would understand that though ;)

Megan B ♥ said...

Big ch-ch-ch-changes for your awesome family. So exciting, so busy, gah!

Sarah Slatter said...

Your girls are just growing up!! And Ajay is absolutely a little stud! Such a handsome little fellow! I remember Adam's compliments on Lincoln and I am so happy he got his own little 'best looking baby he has ever seen'!

Sarah Slatter said...

*boy, not baby