Saturday, June 11, 2011

Air Bound

Last Saturday was Adalyn and Mieley's gymnastic recital.  They both did really well and we're signed up again for another round next year.

Here's before the recital began:

The theme of this year was "Party in the USA!"  Mieley's class was a Tea Party.

Followed by some somersaults and cartwheels.

Adalyn's class was Mardi Gras.

One handed cartwheels.

And now Adalyn can do assisted backhand springs.  Pretty cool.

Here's after the recital with their medals and props.




Great job girls!  Can't wait to see what they can do by this time next year.

**One quick side story.  I had to take the girls in a half an hour early before the recital began and since Adam wasn't home from work yet, he just decided to meet us there.  So I got all three girls loaded into the car and drove to the high school auditorium.  We went in, and I was busy trying to find where the girls were supposed to meet their coaches.  I found the right classroom, took a "before" picture, gave them hugs and kisses and good luck wishes, when I suddenly realized that Tora wasn't beside me and she was no where in sight.  I had no recollection of even the last time I saw her.  I panicked!  The coaches started looking around the hallways, and I ran into the auditorium (which was pretty full by then) and started asking anyone and everyone if they had seen a little blond 2 year old girl wandering around.  No one had seen her.  I ran out of the auditorium and my heart was pounding.  I thought for sure Tora probably went back outside and into the road.  There were cars and people everywhere that night due to a few different activities that were happening.  I've never been so scared.  Seriously, never.  I was about 10 seconds away from running up on stage, grabbing the microphone and making a plea for everyone to help me.  Finally, I went through some doors, and there was little Tora in a corner playing.  I don't think she had even noticed that I had been gone.  Relief flooded through me.  I was so grateful she was okay.  And trust me, she didn't leave my sight again the rest of the night!!  

3 comments:

Tanya said...

that side story is my worst nightmare!! I probably would have grabbed the microphone and said no show till she's found!! my thought though was that you left her in the car or something!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, I'm flushed with anxiety just READING the story! I am SO SORRY!! Your gymnasts look so great!!!

Becki R said...

Your girls are so beautiful! And they are growing up so fast! I can't believe how big Tora is! I'm glad you found her--what a scary moment!