Last Friday night/wee Saturday morning, I did the Relay for Life. It was a good experience. My brother-in-law Kaden and myself hung in there the whole night (6 pm to 6 am) walking/jogging on the track. It was almost better for me to keep walking, walking, walking, because as soon as I stopped, the tiredness would start to settle in. But both Kaden and I did 105+ laps to complete a full marathon by the time it was over. Adam's sister, Heidi, was there which was very cool since she has been a cancer survivor for around 5 years. Heidi, I dedicate every lap to you. You never gave up. I admire you. I adore you. You ROCK!!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Relay For Life
Last Friday night/wee Saturday morning, I did the Relay for Life. It was a good experience. My brother-in-law Kaden and myself hung in there the whole night (6 pm to 6 am) walking/jogging on the track. It was almost better for me to keep walking, walking, walking, because as soon as I stopped, the tiredness would start to settle in. But both Kaden and I did 105+ laps to complete a full marathon by the time it was over. Adam's sister, Heidi, was there which was very cool since she has been a cancer survivor for around 5 years. Heidi, I dedicate every lap to you. You never gave up. I admire you. I adore you. You ROCK!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are seriously the coolest gal around! I LOVE hanging out with you! Way to go on the relay!
That is kinda crazy, but REALLY AWESOME!! Great job, Kayla!
Way to go! It kind of makes you feel good the next day when you really think about all you can do to help out just a little bit!
Awesome Kayla! I am so proud of you and Kaden! And I agree with you... Heidi you are amazing way to fight!
Love ya lots kayla, im really proud to call u my sister. ty for what u do in my life :) love heidi <3
Post a Comment