Saturday, June 12, 2010

Teton Dam Half Marathon

Today, I ran my 8th half marathon. (My first one being in 2001) And despite the weather being cold and windy, I got my best time ever of 2:02:51. I really, really, REALLY want to break 2 hours someday, but I may just have to accept that fact that I'm just a slow and steady kind of gal.

Here's me pre-race.


June 12th, 2010 Teton Dam Half Marathon
Time: 2:02:51.9
145th place (out of 344) for all runners, male & female
66th place (out of 220) for all female half runners
11th place (out of 45) for my age division: Women 25-29


Since no one was able to take pictures during the race, I took a few after the race.
My medal


Love these Dam Volunteers.



The best sight of the whole race!


Rockin' that pink blanket!


The results: taped to the side of a trailer where you have to slowly work your way through the crowd to find your name and time. It's exciting stuff.


We started and ended at Smith Park

After the race.
Thanks mom for watching the girls for me!

I hope to do one more half by the end of the summer, but we'll see.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Way to go Kayla!!! We are so proud of you, those of us who get winded trotting to the mailbox and back.
Love you!!

Max and Sarah said...

Awesome job Kayla! You should feel so accomplished and proud of yourself!!

Megan B ♥ said...

We are so proud of you! Even your BROTHER is so proud of you :) So VERY proud of you :)

VA Bradshaws said...

You da bomb- nuff said.

KWit said...

YOU INSPIRE ME!! I am so going to do this... maybe not 8 and most likely NEVER under your time... but I am going to do this! GREAT job! You and your girls are so stinkin cute too!

Becki R said...

Way to go! You amaze me!