But as I was saying before, it was really hard to get a decent picture of Adam. He would go by so fast, and by the time I got the picture, he would be already out of the frame or just barely in the frame or not at all.
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
The nice thing about watching this race is that the contestants did laps. It was probably an 8 to 10 mile lap or so, but about every 10 minutes, we would get to see Adam zip by again.
Later, we ran into a friend of mine and Adam's. Her husband was racing too - and actually was one of the ones that talked Adam into racing. She told us if we walked over to the other side of the race course, it was where all the jumps were and all the wrecks were. She was right. A lot of riders wiped out, or staled. We could see Adam even more close up from here.
But it was sure a lot more noisy there.
After Adam would go through and we'd cheer him on, the girls went right back to playing in the dirt. Gotta love the dirt.
I believe Adam did 10 laps in the 2 hour time limit. That's close to 80 to 100 miles of course he did! He was so tired afterwards. It looked like he had taken quite a beating out there. But I was so glad he did it - I was really, really proud of him! It was fun to get to support him in one of his races where he's supported me in so many of my running races. And he took 11th place in the B class! (B class meaning the intermediate riders) There wasn't an exact count, but we figured he got 11th place out of around 30 riders in the B class age 30+. Not too shabby for his first race!
Awesome job Adam! We love you!
One funny side story: The next day was Sunday and Adam and I were walking into church. Adam asked me if he was walking funny because he was pretty sore in his legs from racing. He said he felt like he was walking like "an old man." I answered him that he was walking fine. So then I turned and asked him if I was walking funny since I'm 37 weeks prego and all. He said I was fine.
We sat down at a pew in the chapel and not a couple minutes later, the bishop came up and asked Adam and I to give the opening and closing prayers in sacrament. We agreed, and then had to start laughing. Of course on the day when we felt like we were cripples, we would have to walk in front of everyone in the chapel to say the prayers! Adam said he was going to waddle like a penguin to the front, and I said I was going to put one hand on my lower back and stick my belly out to walk to the front. Of course we didn't, but I'm sure everyone would of wondered what in the world was wrong with us if we did!

4 comments:
Hilarious. And good times. It seems you guys are having too much fun up there. I guess you gotta get in what you can before ice chucking season, eh?
That is so funny. I remember after cory and I would get done riding for hours it seriously felt like you kept trying to walk while your legs were still riding the bike. That is so awesome that Adam is riding again. SO made us miss our bikes. Great job though. You are looking so cute. I can't believe the day is almost here! Your girls are adorable and yes THANK heaven's for DIRT everywhere. What a blessing to us mothers!!!! Love you all!
That is so funny. My sister's husband did that race also. Nick Terry, does Adam know him? He grew up in IF. Anyways, Kenadi clicked on the picture of Adam's blisters, and OW! That looks awful. Randy would have loved doing that too. Good job Adam!
That looks REALLY cool. Glad he made it home safely. Pack those hands in some ICE, ha ha ha! Hey, look at your counter! Only 18 more days to go! Woo HOO!!
Post a Comment