Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

We're back from Las Vegas! It was so nice to get out of town for a couple of days. Mostly we just walked around the strip and the hotels (since it was relatively quite warm and nice there!) but Friday we went to the Blue Man Group and Saturday we went to Cirque de Soliel's show "Mystere." I HIGHLY recommend seeing them both sometime. They were SO SO SOOOO GOOD!

Blue Man Group: How do you describe them? They're very funny, and interesting, and innovative and what they can do with light effects is amazing! The things they come up with. . . you just have to see it to believe it. I couldn't find any clips I liked on the internet - none that due them justice anyways.

Mystere: Can there be a better circus? The people in this show do the most INCREDIBLE things. They can twirl, twist, flip, swing, balance, etc. better than anyone I've ever seen! There is so much going on at all times. Here's a small clip of what we saw. Adam and I sat the third row from the front so we got a close up view of all the action! Adam was just two seats off from being chosen to go up on stage too.



Sooo. . . I would say that I have the best husband in the world to take me to Las Vegas for our anniversary! I really hit the jackpot with him! And don't worry,(and by we I mean me) we only gambled $2.00 the whole time. That was because we had an hour wait to get into a restaurant and I got really bored. And yes, I lost our $2.00 - so sad - that waiter could of gotten a two dollar higher tip.

I didn't take very many pictures at all, but here's a few that I did. . . . nothing too spectacular. . .

8 comments:

Mardie said...

I must admit that I'm kind of jealous. It looks like you had lots of fun.

Kira said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!. We went to Las Vegas a year ago right before Christmas and saw the O show and the Phantom of the Opera. Cirque de soliel is amazing!!!!
How nice of your husband to surprise you with a trip to Las Vegas!

Jandy Lou said...

Lucky Duck!! You are becoming quite the traveler! Do it when you can...that baby will make you stay home for a bit!!!

Anonymous said...

Megan and I saw Mystere in 2006 when we were down there. We also liked it. Megan had one of the characters that was going through the crowd messing with her (playing with her hair, startling her by sneaking up from behind us.) We were on the very top row of the bottom section of the theater so there was a main walkway right behind us. Good times.

Megan B ♥ said...

We LOVED Mystere! I'm so glad you were able to get away for an awesome and fun weekend. You guys rock!!

KWit said...

So I wanted to tell you... You inspired me. I saw this post and though... Heck Cory I have both been to Vegas, but never together. So I booked us a trip last week. We are headed the end of Feb. I figured it's time to have sometime together! I CAN'T WAIT. I think we are on the 35th day of our countdown. Thanks for the inpiration!! How is it going... I hope all is well!

Vehar Family said...

How fun! You 2 certainly know how to vacation!

VA Bradshaws said...

SO I decided you have a family duty to post to your blog atleast every 10 days (for which you have sinned and I am calling you to repentance). You are going to need to get better at this, soon we will be even further away and will need you to step up in keeping updates going. Just thinking about ya sister. Hope all is well