Monday, August 25, 2008

Park City

Race #3 done! Yahoo!

Saturday was my 3rd race for this summer. It was in beautiful Park City, Utah. I really, really, REALLY wanted to beat my all time record of 2 hours 3 minutes 11 seconds, but instead I got 2 hours 5 minutes 14 seconds. So close, yet so far away!

Anyways, here's how I did:

188th place (out of 446) for all runners, male and female that finished the race! (Just FYI, 621 runners had signed up for the 1/2 marathon, but only 446 started and completed it! Wow!)
104th place (out of 298) for all female 1/2 marathon runners
30th place (out of 70) for my age division: Women 25 - 29

It was a good race and a beautiful course. We pretty much ran on a trail that ran over wooden bridges and by old barns and through trees. I would have to say that this has been the prettiest course I've ever been on. All in all, it was a really fun weekend. My mom and dad watched our girls (A HUGE THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!), so Adam and I got to spend the whole weekend playing. Fun, fun, fun!


Starting off the race. There was so many runners that they had to start us off in waves 2 minutes apart.






While I was running, Adam got to watch these hot air balloons. They're so beautiful. Someday we would like to ride in one.


After I finished the race. I like to pretend I'm tough.


We got some funky medals this year. They were "sun-catcher" medals.

I'm so grateful, Adam, that you support me through these things! I love you!

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

AWESOME!!! I'm waaaaaaay impressed, I must say. And that's a bummer about not beating your record time, but I heard that the first half of your run was UPHILL, so I think your time is amazing. Whatever, I think it's fab that you even finished, LOL. OK... I think it's great that you even had a goal to participate, LOL!! I hope to join you at some point! I vacuumed my upstairs today?? Which included BENDING OVER and picking stuff up off the floor. Are you impressed? ;)

Mardie said...

You amaze me! I love to hear how you did with your running. I really want to participate next year. Maybe not the 1/2 marathon but at least the 5k or even 10k... That can be my goal. :) Maybe I'll actually be able to run the whole 5k without walking. :)

Becki R said...

Seriously, you are my HERO! What an amazing example of setting goals and achieving them, for reals! And mother of two! WOW! :)

The ZamFam said...

You rock Kayla!!!! How was the one today? I should have come up for that one!