As for those of us that either A. live in a townhome or B. apartment, we know all too well that some can be overheard through the walls no matter how thick the builder says they are. Well I would like to apologize now for the constants thuds that I'm sure my neighbors hear. Here's a description of the thuds that are most often heard.
*THUD!* I fell out of bed
*Thud. . .Mmmoooommm!* Adalyn fell out of bed
*thud, thud. .. thud, thud, thud. .. . thud. . . .thud, thud* Mieley kicking the wall through the bars of her crib to tell me she wants out of bed.
*THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD* (continuously for a 1/2 hour to 1 hour or so) I finally made it out of bed and now I'm on the treadmill.
Which leads me to my post today. Many of you know that last September I ran a full marathon. Well since that day, I forced my treadmill into early retirement and I tried my hand into a few new exercise programs. Today, however, I decided to blow off the dust and hop back on my treadmill to see what I could do. I knew that I would be rusty, but I didn't think that I would about kill over dead a mile into the jog. I felt like an old cow. I kept thinking of when my family does cattle drives and once in awhile an old cow falls behind, not able to keep with the rest of the herd. I could hear my dad's voice in my head, "Rope that old cow and put her in the trailer," or something along those lines. I felt like my tongue was hanging out of my mouth and I was more panting heavily than breathing evenly or smoothly. More sweat was pouring off my face than a girl should be able to produce. Quite the pretty picture huh? So I'll need to apologize in person to my fellow neighbors, but it's time to get this girl back on the treadmill and back into shape!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world, you old cow! :) "Excited" does not BEGIN to describe.... :)
YAY!! My best friend and I are now blogging best friends!! I am so flipping excited!!!! LOVE IT!! And for reals, I never heard anything as when we lived next to you, not even our "mommy is losing it" nor "OK, now mommy HAS lost it" moments. WOHOO! You have a blog! I love you, OLD COW! Or as G would say, LOADA!
Yay!! you finally have a blog. and thanks for clearing up what that constant thud noise is :) haha just kidding
Post a Comment