I am so impressed with how far Mieley's come this year. She has learned so much, and has worked so hard. (And she had the greatest kindergarten teacher
ever!) Since Mieley still struggles somewhat with her speech, she has a hard time pronouncing some sounds correctly and therefore a harder time reading. Some books would take forever to read, and I mean f.o.r.e.v.e.r! But I was so proud to see her stand up and read her story she wrote in front of a crowd. I know we still have a ways to go and I'm sure her struggles with homework are far from over, but I know she'll succeed!
Speaking of school, the girls and I made these "pencils" for teacher gifts this year, and I must say they turned out really cute! I found the idea on pinterest. They are just Rolos chocolate candy with yellow paper wrapped around and a hershey kiss glued to the bottom. Super cute, super easy!
2 comments:
Yay Mieley!
That is a super cute idea! And WAY TO GO MIELEY!!!!! I am so incredibly proud of her -- and you!!! She has come so far and has worked so hard. She's amazing. She's lucky to have you in her cheering section; she is going to do GREAT!!! First grade, here we come!
Post a Comment