Monday, February 6, 2012

Update, Update, WE WANT AN UPDATE!

Well since I've been receiving threatening phone calls, sulky post-it notes, shifty sidelong glances, and angry mobs chanting "update, update, we want an update!" in the middle of night, I thought it was about time to give you all a little glimpse into what's been happening these last two months.  

Where shall I start?  Ah, yes, Christmas Eve.  We filled the day with making cookies for Santa, wrapping last minute presents, and going to a family party.  It was splendid.  


We got home and sent the kids to bed so that Santa could come.  Don't tell Santa, but I think Tora ate half his cookies when no one was looking.

 And to their delight, Santa came and brought everyone plenty!

And I, of course, got everyone one everything that they could hope and dream for.  Then I captured that magical moment when their face would light up, and their jaws would drop, and they would look at me with such adoration. . .and then I would repose them into the picture I really wanted.
 All in all, it really was a great Christmas and extra special to have it celebrated on a Sunday!

Okay, next up we did this:
I'll give you two hints.  This is either A: a picture of the heels of my feet from the cold, dry winter air, or B: a picture of bare land.  If you choose C: both of the above, you would be correct.  We did buy some bare land to build a house.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we start building this year!  In the meantime, I will start lotioning my feet more regularly.

Alrighty, (shuffling through papers), then came the celebration of 2012!  It came.  It's here.  Did you get that memo?  Who's with me for some air fist pumps?

The real celebration for Adam and I after New Years Day is the 2nd of January!  Why you ask?  (You did ask why right?)  January 2nd is our anniversary!!!

Oh how time flies.  It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating our 9th anniversary.

Then somewhere in the middle of all of this, this cutie decided he would turn 5 months old! Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks!

As for my personal life, I've been buried up to my eyeballs in end of year bookwork, and had to hire a stunt double for this picture:
So bonus round time: What do bookkeepers suffer from that ordinary people don't?  Depreciation.  


Ha, ha, ha!  Wait, am I the only one laughing at that joke?  Any fellow bookkeepers/accountants out there??  Hello?? Is this thing on? I knew that joke was a bad idea.  


Adam too has been super-de-duper busy with work.  But that's nothing new.  But this picture is:
Adam's the cat.

But we've had our fair share of sickness too.  The girls are still fighting the flu, and pretty much it's worn us all out.

But now back to adorable Ajay.  These pictures were taken yesterday, so that brings me back up to date. High fives for everyone and 3 gold stars for me!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Yay - there is life in Rexburg! So good to see and here from you. I had to laugh out loud at a few of your comments - Depreciation HA HA HA. Kittens running from cakes! HA HA HA - oh sorry, shouldn't be laughing that hard. By the way if that is you and Adam growing old together I suppose that puts Dad and I all but in our final "Resting Ground" - not going there yet. :) Congrats!!! Love the pictures of the kids - sorry the crud has been at your house, hopefully everyone is on the mend. Love you all tons, and tons, and tons!!!!
Grandma B

**Now I have to see if I can get the rest of me unburied from this paper landslide. (one piece at a time)

Mardie said...

:) Loved the update, and the pics. And CONGRATS on the land. When, where, and do you have plans for the house? So exciting!!!

Oh, and your jokes were hilarious. :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Ha ha ha, this update had me in stitches :) Looks like a great Christmas and New Year! So excited about the land!

KWit said...

LOVED the update and your family is so beautiful!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New year wishes... I thought that was appropriate wishes for this post!!! I can't believe how big all those kidlets are getting!!!

Jandy Lou said...

Yes, I too loved the jokes. Very funny about depreciation! Love the pics too! Is it too early to ask for more :)!? I'm of course kidding...you are one of the busiest people I know! We love you!