Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reunion

A week ago, we got to go to our family reunion.  We camped at a place called Steel Creek.  It's always nice to sit and relax, enjoy nature, play games, and just let my kids get as dirty as they want.  We always have a blast and this year was no exception!

Here's a few random pictures of our outing:

The roasting of marshmellows:

The construction of a "river," complete with a dam.  


The making of mud balls:


The picking of wildflowers:

The frog hunt:


The playing of horseshoes - which is very serious business in this family.  

Here's a picture of a lot of us that were there this year.  Here all the kids decided to put on a talent show for us.  We had some pretty good talent.  Cartwheels, cartwheels over logs, dancing, back bends, and whatever else the kids could think of.  

Tora just liked to run to the stage, strike a pose, and then come running back to our seat.


We got a kick out of Mieley.  The kids actually were charging the grown ups to attend their show.  So Mieley walked around with a bucket and collected money -- then she took the bucket and money and hid it from all the other kids.  Now that's a shady manager if I ever saw one!

Here's Adalyn "juggling" a log.



Here's the girls one sunny morning, eating their breakfast.  Cereal is always so much more exciting when you're camping.  


One afternoon, Adam loaded up the back of the pickup with kids and drove them all down to the creek to play in.  I think we counted something along the lines of 17 or so kids crammed in the back.  


We all had a really good time.  I wish Adam could of been up there more.  He was gone a lot of the days working, but would come back at nights.  I was glad, because though I didn't go into labor, I was a little nervous being 37 weeks along, camping in the mountains, with no husband there.



But we all survived.  The worst thing was the mosquitoes!  They were so bad!  Tora started by looking like this:

and ended looking like she had a case of the chicken pox.  She was covered from head to toe in bites.  We had covered ourselves over and over with bug spray, but I think the mosquitoes have built up a tolerance to campers or something.  They didn't seem to care and just swarmed us!

Happy Trails to You!

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Sounds like a great time, but MAN those mosquitos are vicious!! Poor little poxy kid!!

shannon said...

Looks like so much fun!! Wow, I can't believe you are already 37 weeks! Crazy! You are almost there! :D