Only this time it was filled with much more excitement.
Friday we spent a lot of the day sledding on inner tubes down a hill. Then we decided to go in "trains" to make the run smoother and to try to go farther. My sis-in-law Danielle and I decided to go in a train. All I really remember of that run was my left leg catching on the side, then it being forced up in an impossible split by my head, followed by the sickening thought of "my leg is going to break!" THANKFULLY, luckily, though I twisted into a position I didn't know I could do, my leg didn't break and I was only left with two very minor bruises. Let's just say we didn't go in trains down the hill after that anymore. The fun was worth the pain though. :)
Friday night we played games and then went to bed around 1:30 a.m. Around 1:35 a.m. there was a BIG CRASH. Danielle came to Adam's and my room to tell us that all the snow and ice from the roof just came down, and that we might want to move our car since the snow on that side of the roof was looking very unstable too. So Adam got up, moved our Acadia, and literally 1 minute later, the snow and ice came crashing down and landed right were we were parked!!! So we all thank our lucky stars and went back to bed. About one hour later I heard a couple of more big bangs and crashes, but just assumed more ice and snow was coming off the roof.
Saturday morning we woke up to this:
Saturday we hung out some more, ate some more, and laughed some more. A perfect way to end a fun weekend.
But no.
Saturday night around 11:00 p.m. I went to check on Mieley and Adalyn for the night. Mieley had throw up ALL OVER herself. Figuring this was a one time throw up (we all had had a lot of junk food), we got her cleaned up and back to bed. I threw some sheets into the washer and went to sleep on the couch so that I could get up in a hour or so and change the laundry. About 30 minutes later I woke up to Mieley throwing up again. I ran into their room to check on Mieley, when Adalyn bolted straight up and started throwing up everywhere! Just to make a long story (and night) short, my poor girls threw up atleast 10 times each that night. And they didn't stop there. The next morning, diarrhea hit and still they kept throwing up. They threw up on the ride home and all of Sunday. By Sunday afternoon, they were both running fevers. Monday is still a blur. Finally on Tuesday, Mieley stopped throwing up, her diarrhea slowed, and she seemed to have beaten the bug. Adalyn, however, started getting delusional and at one time asked me to hand me Tora so she could drink her. She was being dead serious too. Yesterday, Adalyn had some major stomach cramps, but atleast she only threw up once. We will see what today brings.
I've had taken relief in the fact that Tora hadn't caught this. But very early Wednesday morning, Tora threw up. . .a lot. This morning came the fever, diarrhea, and understandable fussiness. I am praying that she doesn't get this too full blown.
Whatever this virus is, IT IS NASTY!! This is probably the sickest I have ever, EVER seen my girls.
So here's to hoping my girls survive this and that I survive this without losing my sanity.
I would love to see these smiling faces again.
The cabin weekend was fun though! We enjoyed it thoroughly up until the last night!! ;)

5 comments:
Wow! How lucky are you that your car didn't get totaled. I hope your girls get feeling better soon.
That was super close! Good thinking on moving the car. Whew!! is what i would have said. Sorry the girls are sick..I hope they get better.
That last night sounds awful. Hope everyone returns to good health soon.
Super Splits! Yikes!
Holy cow, Kayla! I can't believe how close you were to losing your Acadia to a freak snow accident. That would have been a terrible demise and a real damper on an otherwise fun weekend... I love that it sailed safely to the trees. Mindful even in the small mercies.
The girls' sickness sounds absolutely scary and terrible and exhausting! Am I a bad auntie that I giggled a little about Adalyn drinking Tora? How did Tora fare when she came down with it? How are YOU? Have you or Adam been stricken?
The cabin curse, I tell you! Maybe we should find a new vacation spot...haha. I am glad that the girls looked so good yesterday. I was really worried about them! And, when Tora is all better, let me take them so that you can have a little vacation. Even if all you do is SLEEP! Seriously. I mean it.
Post a Comment