Friday, October 30, 2009

Where have I been?

SOOO busy! I think I've spent every waking moment of this last month painting, packing and pacing (when oh when will we finally get everything done to move in???). We totally renovated our new 3 bedroom home. I've painted almost every room (one bathroom even got it twice - blah!). We ripped up old carpet and put in new carpet, hickory hard floors, and tile. And during all of this, I was moving a few boxes a day across the grass to our new home. I felt like this last month I've been "homeless" though I had two homes. Half our stuff was in one home, half our stuff in the other home, and I couldn't find a thing anywhere.

But we are finally all moved in, though there are still boxes laying around everywhere full of stuff that has been hiding in a closet collecting dust bunnies for the last 3 years. I hate moving. Does anyone out there actually enjoy the task of moving??? The last few days we've been deep cleaning, and making repairs on the old townhome to get it ready for someone to rent. Still no luck there, so seriously if anyone knows anyone in need of a place. . . .

So now for some pictures:

BEFORE Upstairs: (EVERY room is blah, blah, blah white)

Tora's room

Adalyn/Mieley's room

Adam and my room. Yes Mieley followed me around and got in most my pictures. :)

AFTER Upstairs:

Tora's Room



Adalyn/Mieley's room. The lighting isn't great in this picture, but it's now a creamy yellow color. Not quite as yellow as this picture makes it look.

Our room. I'm really loving this blue.

Back to BEFORE Downstairs:

Living room

Dining area

Kitchen


MID-Renovation Downstairs:




Forever and a day later. . . .

AFTER renovations DOWNSTAIRS:


Living room with new carpet.

Entry Way

Dining area. We put in hickory wood floors and alder trim along the floor, doors, and chair rail.

The Kitchen

And here's the bathroom upstairs. I never took before pictures, but this shows off the new tile. (And though it looks white, the walls are now a soft ivory.) We put this tile in the bathrooms and laundry room.

There you have it. Our new humble home!

5 comments:

Terry said...

It is fun to see the before and afer. Only the pictures don't show all the hard work off near enough. Your place has gone from humm nice to WOW!! You guys have done a wonderful job.

P.S. Happy Halloween

Kim said...

It looks beautiful. I love the blue in your master bedroom. How fun to have so many new things in your new home. Enjoy it!

Meagan Cooper said...

I havent' seen it all finished. Looks amazing. I love all the paint colors. Great Job, you need to sit on your nice new couch in your new house and put your feet up now.

VA Bradshaws said...

Sweet new look, I really am a fan of the floors - well done. We are anxious to come see the new home (now that all the moving is done!) Look great.

Megan B ♥ said...

You have done such a great job; I can't wait to see it in person. Those floors, wow. I just loooove them. The wall colors are just perfect, so happy for you!